Last night’s meeting was only announced a few days before, but word spread quickly in my lovely and very Conservative town of Naples, where many “snowbirds’ were enjoying the Thanksgiving holiday. Apparently, Mr. Gingrich was too!
His initial speech and the Q&A from the crowd, most of who were well educated, (but two who were so ignorant that it was scary)…. clarified EXACTLY what he would do when elected into our highest office, as President and Commander in Chief of the United States of America. Here’s some of the basics:
1) CITIZENSHIP IS NOT A RIGHT, IT IS A PRIVILEGE. We Must start by controlling the border. – Support the 10th Amendment and grow citizenship by reducing bureaucracy. Outsource finding fraudulent citizenship to the major credit card companies, as they do it better than the gov. can and it will encourage competition to ensure diligent work. NEWT IS NOT FOR AMNESTY. Anyone saying differently is distorting his comments about allowing for generations of law abiding citizens who are assets to the community, to stay and pay taxes. However, they will not be allowed to vote unless they go back to their homelands and apply for citizenship, just as those in line now have done. If they have been here 25 years or more, they are going to be a part of the “Selective Service” Model of WWII. This is the only model we know of that had communities making decisions on behalf of the feds in this type of “human” rights situation. It worked then, it could work now..its the best I’ve heard of for an actual solution. WE CANNOT march 11 million plus people back across the borders. It’s systematically ridiculous to think our resources can make that happen without civil unrest and a greater economic crash.
2) Immigration Policy Reform – NO TOLERANCE for lawlessness and troublemakers like anyone caught up in MS13 Gangs, radical Islam pushing Sharia law, etc. He wants to make it easier for citizens to report those who need to be deported, while allowing for easier citizenship/Visas for real “talented” math, science and technology innovators so that they can immigrate and build business in the US instead of taking incentives from our enemies. He will bring back English the official language of the government and all schools.
3) Teach American History – Yes! Our future is predicted by the past. If we do not learn from the past, we are destined to repeat it. At the rate we’re going, we are going to be a socialist country in no time. We must teach our children and those who are ignorant why we value our Amendments for a free society, the difference between a democracy and a republic and promote this in our schools, and especially to those who are applying for citizenship. – NEWT WILL ABOLISH THE FEDERAL REGULATIONS HOLDING BACK OUR STUDENTS AND GIVE THE RIGHTS BACK TO THE STATES ABOUT WHAT TO TEACH. This means we can stop teaching to the “required tests” that get the federal dollars and save tons of money by downsizing the DoE.
4) Abolish the Dept. of Energy and fix the EPA – Majority of our oil/ gasoline consumption will be produced in the US. It is possible and we can move oil rigs, fix the pipeline, start exporting, etc. HE SAID HE WOULD ABOLISH THE Dept. of Energy, which is a huge cut that no on will miss! Additionally, he will turn the EPA into the “ESA” (Environmental Solutions Agency) and recognized the problems that their regulations have in holding us back on our economic recovery.
5) Economic Reforms- can’t cut off China, etc. Must allow for easier business development and less tax code. 12% tax for corp. across the board. There’s more..but that’s a basic idea. He’s a realist…I agree. Can’t just cut off our current company lifelines without more economic fall out. We must help the manufacturing infrastructure in Latin American allies which could provide for more work for those who choose to go back to their native homelands and wait for citizenship, as well as, increase new manufacturing inside our own country. Eliminating the complexities of contracting with local, state and federal gov. will assist in this endeavor.
6) Foreign Policy – No Tolerance for radical Islam or promotion of Islam! No tolerance of other countries that are allies of Iran. Regime change in countries of our lethal and real enemies. He did not mince meat about the level of evil we are seeing throughout the world. CALL EVIL WHAT IT IS…EVIL and have NO TOLERANCE for it, wherever it appears. Current administration has NO Strategy for radical Islam expansion, rather seems they are promoting it! Newt will make an “official strategy” based on the above premises.
7) Healthcare reform must start with litigation reform. – More “Big policy” won’t ever work. Must be one step at a time and he sees litigation reform as the beginning of what has brought us to the end…which is the nightmare we call Obamacare. Socialized medicine is never the answer and hasn’t worked for other countries either. They say it does, but more people die and commit suicide than in any other privatized system.
BY OCT. 1st – If elected, Newt will hand out 100-200 Executive Orders. Including the above changes, as allowable by his office. He will abolish the 40% of our current CZARS in admin. that Obama immediately put into office.
He will ensure that the SUPREME COURT will not be taken over with the last one vote that will abolish our 2nd Amendment rights, among others.
Remember, we create our future with the choices we make today.
“NO ONE MAN CAN CHANGE OUR COUNTRY”. What CAN be done is systematic change, one step at a time, by those who know how to get it done. This is where an experienced politician can make change, unlike a DC outsider. If you’ve ever tried to contract in DC, you would understand why a “chemical shower” feels necessary when you are done. A ‘newbie’ does NOT effect change in the way DC operates, always has and always will. To say it “shouldn’t be like that” is nice…but very, very naive.~
I’ve personally decided that don’t want to listen to candidates who espouse “ideas” anymore…I listen for candidates who have “solutions”. Those are ones who can give real, attainable steps to long term change with the realistic viewpoint about how to go about doing it in the “unrealistic” world that is called our capital….Washington, DC.
It’s time to make a choice between “realism or idealism” in the next election.